Pages

Welcome to your first Nexus modding source

Nexus Devices: Nexus 4, Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Nexus Q.

Monday, August 6, 2012

How To Increase Galaxy Nexus Battery Life on Jelly Bean

I was able successfully to squeeze 18 hours of usage on average out of Galaxy Nexus, that's the good news, the bad news for some of you, you need unlocked boot loader, a custom kernel and custom rom.

I am gonna share what I did exactly.


  1. Unlocked boot loader. you can google that if you didn't do already.
  2. Flashed CWM recovery.
  3. Backed up everything.
  4. Wiped Data, formatted system, wiped cache, wiped davlik cache.
  5. Downloaded and flashed AndroidMe 1.6.0 rom based on stock.
  6. Downloaded and flashed Trinity kernel TNP1536-307-JB-STABLE35.
  7. Wipe battery states.
  8. reboot system
if you don't like the colors of this kernel you can fix them (my guide to fix trinity kernel colors easy tutorial that I wrote).

Setup your device and if you have a Titanium backup of your applications restore it.

Now to get more battery life, don't worry about wifi or data, you can disable NFC and location services, all of them.

Charge it, let it drain, charge it again and you will get minimum of 18 hours of usage.

if you like my guide and you love your new Galaxy nexus don't forget to share with your friends ^^.
comment below if you have any suggestions or just wanna thank me!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Any specific version of the AndroidMe rom and kernel?

Thanks.

Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

Ok sorry I will edit now :)

Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

my baseband is i9250xxlf1
kernel is 3.0.38-04149
AndroidMe Gnex 1.6.0

Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

Updated post with links and versions.

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoy the kernel.

Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

Yes I do :D!! I love it <3

Unknown said...

Can I use Trinity kernel TNP1536-307-JB-STABLE35 inside of stocked JB?

Enter for a chance to earn 1 BTC said...

I guess yeah.

Post a Comment